Constipation due to stress or travelling
- stool in small bumps;
- intestinal content not moving;
- Being angry;
Emotional stress, tension and anger block the liver energy, which stops in the intestinal tract and causes constipation. Another cause of this type of constipation is lack of physical activity and sitting. This also results in the stagnation of energy.
- Release stagnant energy;
- Moisturize the intestines;
- Constipation due to energy arrest improves when qi moves. Of course, this requires resolving a tense situation or starting to move physically, but if this is not immediately possible, it can be very helpful to affect certain acupuncture points.
- Avoid foods that block liver energy: very spicy and fatty foods, fried and grilled foods, alcohol and coffee;
- Use cool foods by effect;
- Because of the stagnation of liver energy and the rise of yang, raw and steamed foods are better suited.
- Fruit orange, plum, grapefruit, vegetable Chinese cabbage, cucumber, mung beans, spinach, tomato, celery stalks, plum juice, sprouts, black sesame, tofu, yogurt, kefir, apple cider, hemp seeds, rosehip flowers and mandarin peel.