Viral or bacterial bronchitis
- mild fever;
- cold chills;
- stuffy nose;
- yellow thick discharge from the nose;
- painful and red tonsils;
- swollen tonsils;
- cough with yellow sputum;
- sore throat;
- dark urine;
- Wind and heat attack body;
- This cold does not start with the usual cold symptoms – feeling cold, sore skin and muscles, dripping nose, etc., you will have immediately heat symptoms like fever, sore throat. External wind and heat are often viral or bacterial infections that cause fever reaction in the body.
- Viral or bacterial bronchitis is often so-called summer “cold disease” – the use of air conditioning in hot summer weather often ends with a sore throat and fever.
- restore the free movement of lungs energy;
- get rid of wind and heat in body;
- cool down body;
- do not use warming treatments like alcohol, warm tea, eating spicy foods like garlic and ginger etc;
- do not go to sauna or take hot bath – this may rise the fever even higher;
- consume lots of liquid – drink mint tea, green tea, fresh fruit juices;
- eat cooling food by type – watermelon, melon, cucumber, tomato, etc;
- Avoid garlic and onions, ginger, chilli, cinnamon, cardamom, mustard and other spicy spices.
- Meat is better to avoid because it has yang-strengthening effect.
- A small amount of acidified dairy products – kefir and yogurt – can be used, they moisturize heat-damaged body fluids.
- Use cooling and moisturizing foods suitable for reducing heat and dissipating wind: fruit, pear, watermelon, Chinese cabbage, mung beans, radish, green tea, mint, honeysuckle, forsythia and chrysanthemum tea, and tofu.